Daytrip to Essaouira from Marrakech
This is a delightful day out to escape the city and relax in one of Morocco’s prettiest towns on the coast. Essaouira is a charming white and blue town on Morocco’s Atlantic coast, a relaxing drive from Marrakech. Its moderate climate all year round makes it a popular destination at any time of year, but especially in the summer. You can extend this excursion to Essaouira with an overnight stay to have a more leisurely visit.
Essaouira from Marrakech
Your Sahara Atlas Tours driver-guide will collect you after breakfast from your hotel in Marrakech, and you then head out towards the coast. On the way to Essaouira, look out for goats climbing in the argan trees that grow abundantly in this area – yes, there really are goats up in the trees! You will have the afternoon at leisure to explore this lovely seaside town. You can walk around the city ramparts overlooking the sea, and stroll round the little streets of the medina, watching woodworkers, potters and silversmiths in their workshops. Essaouira is particularly famous for its wood products, mainly of them intricately inlaid with different coloured woods. On the long beach with its golden sands, you can windsurf, or ride horses or camels. For lunch, the town has many chic restaurants with excellent cuisine, or you can choose your own fish and seafood at the harbour to be freshly grilled for you. Your Sahara Atlas Tours driver-guide will take you back to your riad in Marrakech by the early evening.
What will be included in our price quote:
- fully private tour
- collection from and drop-off at your hotel in Marrakech at the start and end of the tour
- all travel in comfortable air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Landcruiser or equivalent, fully licensed and insured for tourist transport, including fuel
- services of an experienced local driver-guide (speaks English, French, Arabic, Berber)
Not included in the price:
- lunches and drinks
- entrance fees to heritage sites (usually around 50Dh-70Dh per person)
- local fees for activities in Essaouira e.g. camel ride, horseback riding, spa
- tips (if you choose to give them)