Three Valleys of the High Atlas: daytrip from Marrakech
This daytrip offers the chance to get beyond the bustle of Marrakech to explore the beautiful High Atlas Mountains that you can see from the city. You will find Berber villages, a peaceful freshness, and a chance to enjoy nature. The distances are not very far, so the excursion offers the opportunity for outdoor activities such as hiking or a camel ride.
Three Valleys of the High Atlas from Marrakech
Your Sahara Atlas Tours driver-guide will collect you from your hotel after breakfast. This tour takes you first to the valley of Ourika, with its spectacular seven waterfalls, where you can experience the exhilarating freshness of this very special place. Lush green fields lie beneath the red rock of the mountains as we pass traditional Berber villages. We go on to the pretty mountain village of Oukaimeden, a winter ski resort, with stunning views of the High Atlas. Winding across this dramatic landscape, we go on to visit picturesque Asni with its citrus groves, and the iconic Tin Mel Mosque. We take you on to one of the loveliest beauty spots near to Marrakech, Lake Takerkoust, a reservoir which was carefully designed to blend in with its natural surroundings. You wind back to Marrakech in the late afternoon light, where your Sahara Atlas Tours driver will drop you back at your hotel.
What will be included in our price quote:
- fully private tour
- collection from and drop-off at your hotel in Marrakech at the start and end of the tour
- all travel in comfortable air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Landcruiser or equivalent, fully licensed and insured for tourist transport, including fuel
- services of an experienced local driver-guide (speaks English, Spanish or French, Arabic, Berber)
Not included in the price:
- lunches and drinks
- entrance fees to heritage sites (usually around 50Dh-70Dh per person)
- local fees for activities e.g. camel ride, hiking
- tips (if you choose to give them)